Sant Rajinder Singh Ji Maharaj
Founding Chairman, DEF
An IIT Madras graduate in Electrical Engineering, Sant Rajinder Singh Ji Maharaj also holds a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) in Chicago, USA. He has had a distinguished twenty-year career in science and communications.
Sant Rajinder Singh Ji Maharaj is also the head of the Science of Spirituality, a global non-profit organization based in Lisle, Illinois, focused on transforming lives through meditation.
It has 2,800 centers worldwide, dedicated to providing a forum where people can learn meditation for its benefits of physical, mental, and emotional health, spiritual growth, finding one’s purpose in life, discovering the inner treasures and enjoying inner spiritual experiences leading to the peace, happiness, and bliss from realizing their soul and their connection to the Divine.
Maharaj Ji gives help and guidance in meditation so one can experiment and test for one’s self the transformative benefits of meditation for their body, mind, and soul.
Born in India, and educated in both India and the US, Sant Rajinder Singh Ji Maharaj has a deep understanding of both spirituality and science. He travels around the world sharing the message that through meditation we can tap into the inner peace that awaits us within, and in doing so, we can contribute to outer peace.
- At the United Nations Headquarters, New York ( 2016)
- At the Millennium World Peace Summit of Religious and Spiritual Leaders, United Nations, New York City, New York (2000)
- At the United States Coast Guard Academy (USCGA), New London, Connecticut (1999)
- At the Sixth Assembly of the World Conference on Religion and Peace in Riva del Garde, Italy (1994)
- Symposium of the World Conference on Religion and Peace in Vienna, Austria (1998)
Addresses to Academic and Medical Institutions
- Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts on Inner and Outer Communication (1996)
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (2002)
- The University of California, Berkeley (1999)
- National Institute of Health (NIH), Washington, D.C. (1993)
Sant Rajinder Singh Ji Maharaj has also authored numerous books and publications that have been translated into over 50 languages, a testament to the global relevance of his message. His most recent books which have topped the best-selling list on Amazon and Barnes and Nobles are :
- Building Bridges through Meditation
- Empowering Your Soul through Meditation
- Inner and Outer Peace through Meditation
- Meditation as Medication for the Soul.
Sant Rajinder Singh Ji Maharaj has received numerous awards and accolades for his visionary efforts in the fields of world peace and education.
- Medal of Cultural Merit from the National Minister of Education, Bogotá, Colombia, 2019
- “Peace Award” by the Temple of Understanding and the Interfaith Center of New York, June 1997
- Award by the City Council of San Ramon, California, 2010
- “The Medal of Cultural Merit” from the National Minister of Education, Bogotá, Colombia
- Exemplary Service to Humanity Award from the State of New York, September 2012
- Illinois Institute of Technology Distinguished Leadership Award, Chicago, Illinois
- Award from the president of the State of Mexico, November 2008
- Simón Bolívar Award (Condecoración Oficial Simon Bolivar) presented by the Minister of Education of Colombia at the Ministry of Education, in Bogotá
- “Human Rights Award” presented by the President of the Human Rights Commission of the State of Mexico
- Award for his contribution to Education, Peace, and Spirituality from Autonoma University of Mexico, Toluca
- Distinguished Leadership Award for his work in peace and spirituality by The Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago, Illinois (November 1998).
- Sant Rajinder Singh Ji Maharaj has received five honorary doctorates from various universities around the world in recognition of his efforts to introduce spirituality into science and education and for his work toward human integration